The Archives is open by appointment. Call 937-512-2319 before coming to the Archives. Usually, a visit can be arranged the same day.
Researchers will be asked to register at the front desk before accessing records. Researchers not affiliated with Sinclair will be asked to show a picture ID, fill out a registration card, and read and sign the Archives’ rules below:
- Archival material can only be used or removed from the Archives by representatives from the office of origin of the materials.
- It is necessary to have a Request for On-Campus Reference or Loan of Records (R4) form with the appropriate signatures before viewing or removing any material from the Archives. The Archivist can help you with the form.
- Photocopies of Archival materials will be provided at the discretion of the Archivist and at a cost of $0.10 per page. The Archivist reserves the right not to allow photocopying.
- To prevent the permanent marking of historical materials, pencils are the only writing implements allowed in the Archives.
- The Archivist reserves the right to require researchers to wear protective gloves (available in the Archives) while handling Archival materials. Oil from skin is very harmful.
- Writing on papers placed on top of Archival materials is prohibited.
- Do not change the order of files in boxes or documents in files. If this occurs by accident, inform the Archivist.
- Do not reshelve books or research materials. Leave them on the tables to be reshelved by the Archivist.
- Sinclair does not allow smoking, eating, drinking, or children in the Archives.
For information email Shelby Beatty or call 937-512-23149.