Sinclair's Music Department is designed to prepare students to transfer to a college or university to complete a bachelor program in music.
We offer our students and community members quality music education and fulfilling musical experiences. Whether you enroll in the university parallel program, participate in one of our many ensembles, or simply take a course of interest to you - online or in person - you can expect to have an enriching and positive experience at Sinclair.
This area of study might be for you if:
- You want a career in music teacher education
- Your goal is to be a professional performing musician
- You want to work in an area of music business, music management or music technology
- Your aim is to enter the field of music therapy
The Music Department offers:
- Associate of Arts Degree in Music in which students study a university parallel program for easy transfer to other institutions upon completion of their degree
- Ensemble participation including Concert Bands, Choral Ensembles, and Jazz, Guitar and Handbell performing groups
- Applied music instruction offered as private lessons in voice, piano, guitar, organ and on all orchestral instruments
- Group instruction in piano class, voice class, and guitar class
- General courses in music appreciation, music fundamentals, history of pop/rock music, and world music
For program specific information click on the program below:
The Associate of Arts in Music is designed for students who will be transferring to a four-year institution for further studies upon graduation in music education, music performance, or any baccalaureate program in music. The A.A. curriculum fulfills the requirements of the first two years of a bachelor of music, with special emphasis on public performance. An audition is required upon entering the program and a solo recital is required before graduation. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer 36 in order to graduate.
View Full Program Details
Sinclair's Music Department is an accredited member institution of the National Association of Schools of Music.