Becoming a Scholar
Eligibility - The prospective Honors Scholar must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher on course work at Sinclair
- Score of 90th percentile or better on at least two Accuplacer test (applicant must provide proof of scores)
- Successful Completion of at least 2 Honors Sinclair Courses
In addition to the Application the prospective scholar must submit:
- Letters of Recommendation - Two (2) letters of recommendation from educators (high school or college) who can attest to the student’s academic ability must be submitted to the Honors Program Office. Letters should be sent to the Sinclair Honors Program office one of the following ways
- In person (Sinclair Faculty Members)
- Via interoffice mail (Sinclair Faculty Members)
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via USPS: Sinclair Community College - Honors Program, 444 West Third St, Building 8, Room 025D, Dayton, OH 45402
- Honors Program Recommendation Form – The application packet includes two (2) Honors Program Recommendation Forms. This form should be completed by an instructor (the same one that will be submitting your recommendation letters) that knows you well and has taught you in an academic discipline. Please include a completed FERPA release.
- Essay – A type written essay of approximately 200 words explain why the applicant would like to participated in the Honors Scholars Program at Sinclair. Include why you are interested in the program, how your interest relates to your future plans, and why you think being in the Honors Scholars Program would enhance your academic experience.
Applications can be submitted to the Honors Program office anytime during the semester. However, they must be submitted, no later than, the semester PRIOR to the applicant’s last semester at Sinclair. We suggest applying during your second semester.
Completed Applications can be submitted in person at the Honors Program Office (Building 8, Room 025D) or via email email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed during the 1st week of every month. Once your application has been reviewed you will be contact for an interview with the Honors Program Directors and a member of the Honors Council.