Program Mission Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Program Mission Statement
The program is committed to providing quality educational opportunities helping individuals prepare for entry-level competency as staff radiographers. Instruction is geared to meet the needs of a diverse student body with varied academic, social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate competence in the delivery of clinical practice with entry-level skills.
- SLO 1 - Students will demonstrate safe radiographic positioning skills.
- SLO 2 - Students will apply patient care skills.
- SLO 3 - Students will manipulate radiographic equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and apply problem solving skills.
- SLO 1 - Students will adjust positioning and procedure protocol for trauma/non-routine patients.
- SLO 2 - Students will determine radiographic image quality.
- SLO 3 - Students will solve complex imaging problems.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical attitudes and behaviors.
- SLO 1 - Students will demonstrate professional behavior.
- SLO 2 - Students will demonstrate ethical concepts.
- SLO 3 - Students understand the importance of continued professional development.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- SLO 1 - Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
- SLO 2 - Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- SLO 3 - Students will practice professional communication.
- Program Effectiveness Measures
- Students accepted to the program will complete to graduation.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT national certification exam on the 1st attempt. (five-year average)
- Graduate survey respondents will state the program prepared them to practice as a competent entry-level radiographer.
- Graduates seeking employment will practice in the profession as a registered/licensed radiographer at twelve months post-graduation. (five-year average)
- Employer survey respondents will state the program prepared graduates for practice as an entry-level radiographer.