Title IX Training
The following training sessions, presentations and podcast have been made available to students and employees in addition to several live training presentations provided by the Title IX Office.
Title IX Training for Sinclair Students and Employees
- Voiceover of General Title IX Training (March, 2021)
- General Title IX Training Power Point Presentation (March, 2021)
- New Hire Orientation Title IX Training (March, 2021)
- Title IX Podcast (April, 2021)
The College recognizes that the most effective way to achieve a campus free of sexual harassment, discrimination, and violence, including sexual violence, stalking, and relationship violence, is to equip all College community members with the skills to recognize and prevent sexual harassment and sexual misconduct. The College wants to ensure that all members of the College community understand and participate in shared standards of equity, inclusion, civility, and respect.
In order to achieve these goals, the College offers regular, ongoing training programs for all students and employees. The College is committed to ensuring that all employees understand how to respond to reports of sexual misconduct. All new students and all new employees will be provided with education in prevention and awareness of sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
Title IX Policy and Procedure Documents
- Title IX Sexual Harrassment and Sex Driscrimination Policy
- Title IX Sexual Harrassment and Sex Discrimination Procedures
- Title IX Flowchart
- Title IX Resource Information
- Sinclair Community College Title IX Formal Complaint Form
- Sinclair Informal Resolution Process
The Title IX Resources Information sheet lists resources for both students and employees.
The Sinclair Community College Title IX Formal Complaint Form can be used by a Sinclair employee or student if they wish to file a formal complaint under the Sinclair Sexual Harassment and Sex Discrimination Policy and Procedure. Once a Title IX Formal Complaint is filed, the Complainant may proceed with either the formal investigation process or the informal resolution process.
Sinclair has aligned the College's Title IX policy and procedures with the mandates in the new regulations. Sinclair’s President has established new Title IX Sexual Harassment and Sex Discrimination Procedures to comply with applicable statutes, regulations, and official guidance. Sinclair’s Board of Trustees adopted a new Sexual Harassment and Sex Discrimination Policy on September 15, 2020 to carry out Sinclair’s obligations under Title IX and the new regulations.
The Title IX Flow Chart is an overview of the Title IX process for handling complaints of prohibited behavior. This Flow Chart is a pictorial description of the 3 basic choices people have under the new Sexual Harassment and Sex Discrimination Procedure which are:
- No filing of a formal complaint but supportive measures are provided;
- File a formal complaint and use the formal investigation and live hearing process; or
- File a formal complaint and use the informal resolution process.
Title IX Podcasts
Title IX Training Sessions Attended by Title IX Personnel
As required by the Title IX federal regulations, all materials used to train Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution process must be made publicly available on its website. The following training sessions taken by Sinclair Title IX personnel were provided by Bricker & Eckler, LLP:
- Advanced Decision Maker Training Investigation Report Sample Bricker March 18 & 19, 2021
- Advanced Decision-Maker Training Day 2 Writing Workship March 19, 2021
- Advanced Decision-Maker Training Slides Day 1 Bricker March 18, 2021
- Annual Clery & Title IX Level 1 Slides ADA Bricker Sept. 30, 2020
- Appeals Officer Training from Butcher at Bricker JJ AH CJG August 2, 2021
- Basic and Advanced Investigator and Title IX Coordinator Trainings Bricker September 30, 2020
- Decision Maker Training HS Sweetheart Scenario Bricker December 14, 2020
- Decision Maker Training Level 2 Bricker December 14. 2020
- Informal Resolution Officer Training Bricker September 3, 2020
- Informal Resolution Officer Training Scenario Bricker September 3, 2020
- ODHE Advanced Title IX Coordinator Training ADA Bricker May 20 & 21, 2021
- ODHE Advanced Title IX Coordinator Writing Workshop ADA Bricker May 20 & 21, 2021
- ODHE Advanced Title IX Investigator Training ADA Bricker May 25 & 26, 2021
- ODHE Advanced Title IX Investigator Writing Workshop ADABricker May 25 & 26, 2021
- ODHE Modeling Practice Advanced Decision Maker Training Script Bricker March 18 & 19, 2021
- ODHE Relevancy Cheat Sheet for Advance Decision Maker Training Bricker March 18 & 19, 2021
- Scenarios Used with Basic and Advanced Investigator and Title IX Coordinator Trainings Bricker September 30, 2020
- Title IX Coordinator Training Bricker November 5, 2020