Skip to Content
Sinclair College


Find info & services specific to you:


Help FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Sinclair has created this frequently asked questions (FAQs) knowledge base to help answer common questions anytime 24/7. Just type in your question below and we will search for the answer. You can also browser answers by topic or category.

What are Sinclair's articulation agreements to transfer out?
How soon after graduation, will I receive my diploma?

Please allow at least a month after the term is completed for the diploma to be mailed. The diploma will be mailed to the address on the application. If for some reason there is a change in the address, please notify the Records Analyst in the Office of Registration and Student Records at least 30 days before the end of the application term.

Are there services available to help with job searching?

Sinclair's Student & Community Engagement office has many great resources for career development including:

  • Developing a resume
  • Creating a cover letter
  • Making a reference list
  • Completing a job application
  • Job searching help
  • Preparing for interviews

Even more resources are available on Sinclair's Career Connection website about finding your job and getting hired.

How can I support Sinclair students?

You can support Sinclair students in many ways through the Sinclair Foundation. Opportunities include sponsorships, scholarships, endowments, programs, fundraising events, Athletics, planned giving, and non-monetary gifts.

You can also be apart of the Sinclair community using Sinclair social media channels to give your support, cheer on the Tartans, and even offer advise or answer current student questions.

How can I notify Sinclair of a recent accomplishment of mine?

We'd love to hear about it! You can tell us all about your story here.

How can I stay connected to Sinclair news and events?
What career and transfer fairs are available?
How do I order transcripts?

Transcripts can be ordered by web, by mail or in person.

Requests for transcripts of student academic records at this time cannot be processed by telephone or e-mail. The family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law, requires that we have a written release from the student. It can be in the form of authentication via the web, a transcript request form obtained from Registration and Student Records or submitting a written request. All forms of request must have the electronic authentication or a signature to release the record. Requests may be sent to: Office of Registration & Student Records, Sinclair Community College, 444 West Third Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460. Fax transcript requests to (937) 512-3456. Payment must accompany the transcript request. Transcript requests received without payment or signature cannot be honored.

The written request must include the following, or it will be returned to the student.

  1. Full name, typed or printed, with all previous names listed
  2. Signature (required by Federal law)
  3. Social security number
  4. Date of birth
  5. Last year of attendance. If you currently are enrolled and you want pending grades and/or degree certification noted, you must request this and expect a delay. Otherwise, transcripts will be processed within 5 business days.
  6. Number of transcripts needed.
  7. Address(es) of where transcripts are to be sent. Use the complete address, not just a name and city of college. (Student is responsible for the correct address.)
  8. Please include daytime telephone number and email address, if available, of the person requesting transcripts.

Transcript by Mail Request Form

Can Alumni still access Sinclair's Library?

Yes you can! Alumni can borrow books from the Sinclair Library as a guest by obtaining a library card from either the Greene County Public Library (GCPL), the Washington Centerville Public Library (WCPL), or any other SearchOhio library. Another option is to obtain a card from the State Library of Ohio. The State Library will mail the card to your home and you can use it to check out books from Sinclair as well as other OhioLINK libraries. Once you have your GCPL, WCPL, or State Library card, bring it with you to Sinclair and you can check out books as a visitor. You can also use your card to request items through the SearchOhio public libraries and OhioLINK, the statewide consortium of academic libraries. You are welcome to access a guest computer in the Sinclair Library, which would enable you to have access to all the library’s subscription databases.

Where is voter registration and civic engagement information?

The next election in Ohio will be the General Election on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. If you are not yet registered to vote, the deadline to register to be eligible to vote in this election is October 9, 2018. Click here to register to vote.

Visit the Ohio Secretary of State's website to:

  • Check your voter registration
  • Update your registration
  • Change your address online
  • Find your polling location

Information on civic engagement opportunities at Sinclair.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Have more questions, contact us at 937-512-3000 or*

*This email address is for informational purposes only and should NOT be used for official communications, complaints for which a formal response or follow up is requested, or records request.

Send feedback to us about a FAQ/s or the FAQs results