Skip to Content
Sinclair College


Find info & services specific to you:


Help FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Sinclair has created this frequently asked questions (FAQs) knowledge base to help answer common questions anytime 24/7. Just type in your question below and we will search for the answer. You can also browser answers by topic or category.

Can I pay by phone with NBS?

Yes. You may contact them at 800-609-8056 if you wish to make a payment over the phone.

When and what time will the funds be withdrawn from my bank account?

NBS specifies the date each payment will occur but it is your financial institution that determines the time of day the payment is debited. NBS recommends you check with your financial institution to determine how far in advance funds should be deposited into your account to ensure the automatic payment clears. If a payment date falls on a weekend or holiday, the payment will be attempted the following business day.

How will I be notified of my payment information?

Once your agreement is posted to the NBS system, you will receive a confirmation notification of your payment amount by email or letter. Payments will be processed until the total balance is paid in full. The notification has important information you must have to log on to My NBS Account. The notification also serves as a reminder that a $25.00 per term nonrefundable NBS Enrollment Fee will be processed immediately from the account indicated on the agreement.

What is the NBS Access Code?

To help protect your privacy, NBS asks the person responsible for the payments to create an access code. If you should call into NBS inquiring about your NBS agreement or inquire online through My NBS Account, you will be required to verify your NBS Access Code. If you do not create an access code on your NBS agreement, one will be randomly assigned to you. Your NBS Access Code will be identified on your NBS Confirmation Letter. Please remember to keep a copy of your confirmation letter.

What if I’m adding or dropping classes, do I need to fill out a new agreement?

No, Sinclair Community College will adjust your balance with NBS if financial aid is received or adjusted or if a class is dropped or added. The change in your account must be reflected within the time period allowed, for each payment due date. If the adjustment to your account is too close to your payment due date, the adjustment will be made for the following payment.

What if I don’t have sufficient funds to make payments on time?

Failure to pay fees or tuition payments on the agreement may result in termination of the agreement. A hold will also be put on your account at Sinclair Community College and you will not be allowed to register for the next term. The college is required to report any unpaid balances to the State of Ohio, Attorney General's Office for collection.

Is enrollment required for every term I wish to participate?

Yes. You must enroll in the plan each and every term you wish to participate. Enrollment is not automatically continuous from term to term.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Have more questions, contact us at 937-512-3000 or*

*This email address is for informational purposes only and should NOT be used for official communications, complaints for which a formal response or follow up is requested, or records request.

Send feedback to us about a FAQ/s or the FAQs results