The TLC Mathematics Lab is a crucial resource that can help you succeed in your math course. Take advantage of our walk-in service and succeed in your math course!
The Math Lab provides a wide variety of resources for students enrolled in math (MAT) courses at the college. This quiet, tutor-assisted room supports self-study and one-on-one help. In addition, the Math Lab provides downloadable materials and links to external resources via the TLC website.
Math Lab tutors can help students:
- Use examples and hints to guide a student through difficult problems.
- Re-explain concepts from a class lesson.
- Guide a student catching up on a missed class, utilizing Math Lab handouts and text books.
- Help explain and demonstrate a tough section in the math book.
The Math Lab tutors cannot:
- Simply provide answers to problems, or do your homework for you.
- Teach material from a missed class.
- Check every homework problem and take-home quiz/test.
- Help a single student for extended periods of time - tutors must be available for everyone.
Location: Tutoring & Learning Center in the Library, Room 07L05
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday:
8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
There are many resources in the Math Lab for your use! You can...
- Discover Your Course to browse specific items for your class.
- Browse handouts covering many topics from Algebra through Calculus and beyond, as well as graphing calculator tutorial handouts.
- Borrow textbooks and student solution manuals (in-Lab use only).
- There are also old edition textbooks useful for review (in-Lab use only).
- Watch instructional videos and lectures on the computers. (Online versions are also available for several courses via Pearson’s MyMathLab.)
- Student and professional tutors available for specific questions and quick help on a walk-in basis, in a quiet study environment.
- Access MyMathLab, WebAssign, and Quantway for the courses that use these services.
- Utilize 2D and 3D graphing software including Derive, Microsoft Math, Cyclone, Winplot, and GeoGebra.
- Have a question about the Math Lab itself? Go ahead and contact us directly - email is always open!