University of Dayton/Sinclair Academy
The University of Dayton/Sinclair Academy allows you to begin your studies at Sinclair, graduate with your associate degree and then transfer to the University of Dayton and graduate with your bachelor's degree. This affordable option and seamless experience allows you to be part of both campus communities, beginning while you attend Sinclair. Building friendships, getting involved in campus life, receiving consistent academic advising and easily transferring your credits are just a few of the many benefits available to you.
To get started, you'll first apply for admission to Sinclair by completing our online standard application.
(NOTE: If you have already completed a Sinclair application for admission, you do not need to reapply.)
What are the benefits of the Academy?
- More than 70 academic pathways to choose from.
- Access to UD's career advising, job fairs and opportunities to build your resume through co-ops, internships, research, or education abroad.
- Opportunity to participate in 270+ student organizations at UD.
- Ability to use UD's RecPlex, join intramural teams and cheer on the Dayton Flyers
- Access to Success Professionals to assist you with navigating UD.
- UD email address and access to the internal website to stay informed on activities, announcements and resources.
- Significant cost savings that includes the University of Dayton's transparent tuition plan. No tuition increases, no fees, no hidden costs or additional expenses while at UD.
- Automatic consideration for a UD merit scholarship, worth up to $25,000 each year at UD.
- Eligibility for UD grants, loans and work study experiences designed for Academy students.
Did You Know?
- Through the UD Sinclair Academy, you'll earn a University of Dayton education at a fraction of the cost..savings up to $40,000!
- UD has a 97% job placement rate following graduation
- As a member of the academy, you'll also be eligible for additional funding including up to $500 per semester for your textbooks
Over 70 Academic Pathways to choose from in the UD Sinclair Academy
Check out the Pathway Majors from UD Sinclair Academy
The University of Dayton has over 70 articulation agreements with Sinclair. Each ensuring the Sinclair graduate a seamless transfer into the corresponding bachelor-degree program.
To apply to the UD Sinclair Academy
To apply to the Sinclair Academy, a separate application must be completed in addition to your Sinclair application for admission. Deadlines for Sinclair Academy applications are August 1 to be accepted to the UD Sinclair Academy for Fall Semester, and February 1 to be accepted to the Academy for Spring Semester.
Students may apply for the UD/Sinclair Academy at any point after being accepted to Sinclair.
- Complete the UD Sinclair Academy online application UD Sinclair Academy online application at udayton.edu/academy
- Submit additional application materials as listed by student type on udayton.edu/academy
If you have been admitted into the Academy, follow these next steps:
- Apply for Sinclair admission by completing the online application
- Apply for financial aid assistance at fafsa.gov site
Call the Sinclair Welcome Center at 937-512-3000 to discuss your steps to get started, including scheduling an Academic Advising appointment to have a MAP (My Academic Plan) created, and address any questions about financial aid or registration.
For more information, visit the following websites