Student Rights and Responsibilities
Expectations of Students
Students are expected to:
- Be accountable for information contained in the college course catalog, Student Judicial Affairs Code of Conduct Handbook, and any other published regulations relating to student responsibilities.
- Be respectful of the rights of others.
- Comply with the verbal and written directions of college officials.
- Respect and comply with all the laws and rights of good citizenship.
- Respect the freedom to teach and the freedom to learn.
- Educate students, faculty and staff on issues related to student conduct, responsibilities, and behavioral expectations in the Code of Student Conduct.
- Protect the rights of students and the college community.
- Provide fair and impartial review for students charged with violating the college’s Code of Student Conduct.
- Educate students who have violated the Code of Student Conduct by assigning purposeful sanctions that foster learning, ethical development, and personal integrity.
- Encourage respect for members of the college community.
- Students involved in the student conduct process will demonstrate knowledge of the Code of Student Conduct and the rights of others.
- Students involved in the student conduct process will be able to identify their rights as students.
- Students involved in the student conduct process will be able to analyze their responsibilities as college community members.
- Students involved in the student conduct process will demonstrate a greater awareness of their own developing identity.
- Students found in violation of the Code of Student Conduct will demonstrate insight into their abilities for ethical decision making.
- Students found in violation of the Code of Student Conduct will be able to predict consequences for their actions.
- Students found in violation of the Code of Student Conduct will demonstrate a change in their behaviors.
Student Academic, Non-Academic, or Pubilc Grievance/Complaint/ Concern
In order to file a complaint/grievance regarding an Academic issue, Non-academic issue, and/or a Public issue/concern, please access this link or type the following URL into your browser: https://www.sinclair.edu/services/help/complaint.