Advanced Web Design WEBDES.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 32 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2022
What is the program about?
This one-year certificate introduces students to web coding and design, including conceptualizing, designing, developing, and maintaining websites. Students will also learn UX/UI, motion design, and working with a web content management tool. Students will learn a variety of web concepts and digital design applications.
- Discuss the history, fundamentals and basic theories of digital design.
- Demonstrate website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools using a web content management systems.
- Communicate design concepts at various stages of development using the design process.
- Apply UX research methods, and analyze user expectations and how they drive user behavior.
- Demonstrate the use of digital media using traditional and computer and web-based design tools.
- Apply critical thinking, creative problem-solving and research skills to develop unique and innovative design solutions.
- Develop professional quality presentations demonstrating both written and oral communication skills.
- Apply motion graphic design through the use of animation techniques to video or web designs.
Web designers develop, create, and test website or interface layout, functions, and navigation for usability. Web Designers typically work for corporations across industries, but they can also work for web design agencies or as self-employed individuals. They work closely with software and marketing professionals to make sure websites are designed coded correctly. Still others work in industries including publishing, management consulting, and advertising.
Potentially, these courses can be transferred to those colleges/universities we have articulation agreements: Columbus College of Art and Design, Wright State University (Lake Campus), Franklin University and the Art Academy of Cincinnati.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
Sinclair Community College has been accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design since 2002
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.