Web Design WEB.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 21 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2022
What is the program about?
This short-term certificate introduces students to the basics of web coding and design, including conceptualizing, designing, developing, and maintaining websites. Students will learn a variety of web design concepts and digital design applications.
- Discuss the history, fundamentals and basic theories of digital design.
- Develop professional quality presentations demonstrating both written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate design concepts at various stages of development using the design process.
- Apply critical thinking, creative problem-solving and research skills to develop unique and innovative design solutions.
- Apply UX research methods, and analyze user expectations and how they drive user behavior.
- Demonstrate the use of digital media using traditional and computer and web-based design tools.
Students successfully completing this short-term certificate will have the necessary skills to apply for entry level work in the field of web design and development for businesses, government and design agencies.
Potentially, these courses can be transferred to those schools we have articulation agreements: Columbus College of Art and Design, Wright State University (Lake Campus), Franklin University and Art Academy of Cincinnati.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
Sinclair Community College has been accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design since 2002.
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.