Political Science PLSE.S.AA
Associate of Arts - 61 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Department: Political Science
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
An Associate in Arts in Political Science degree exposes students to the political thought, processes, and behavior of governments, institutions, and organizations. The study of political science provides one with the concepts, theories and methods necessary to analyze problems scientifically. These tools serve as an underpinning for a level of civic engagement constructed around critical thinking and cultural literacy, and can be applied in a wide range of careers including government, law, business, international organizations, nonprofits, journalism, and teaching. As part of this degree program, students must complete the requirements of the Ohio Transfer Module in order to graduate.
- Apply knowledge of political structures, actors and processes to the understanding of contemporary political, social and economic issues.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of ways with varied audiences through writing skills, oral communication skills, listening skills, reading skills, computer literacy and information literacy..
- Demonstrate knowledge of political structures, actors and processes in various local, national and international settings.
- Recognize and articulate an understanding of the increasing interdependence of world cultures and their consequences.
- Demonstrate ability to think logically and solve problems using analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Achieve group goals in a variety of social contexts.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in accomplishing goals.
Completion of this program guarantees completion of the Ohio Transfer Module (OTM). OTM courses are guaranteed to transfer to any public institution in Ohio on a course-by-course basis or in total.Formal articulation agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair programs and courses will transfer to other institutions.
This program is available in the following format:
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.