Home Health Aide HCA.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 7 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Allied Health
Effective as of Fall 2021
What is the program about?
The Home Health Aide certificate prepares students to perform the basic skills necessary to provide personal care services and activities to elderly, convalescent, or disabled persons in the home of patients or in a residential care facility. Students will be able to demonstrate basic nursing care and the skills required to promote health and healing for patient, as well as implement nursing care that decreases risks and follows safety procedures. Upon completion of ALH 1120, Nurse Aide Training, students are eligible to sit for the State Test for Nurse Aide Training to become a State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA).
- Demonstrate knowledge of scope of practice of a home care aide.
- Demonstrate skills in documentation of service provision.
- Demonstrate basic nursing care and the skills required to promote health and healing for patients in an acute care setting.
- Recognize basic verbal and non-verbal therapeutic communication techniques and strategies necessary for inter-professional healthcare communications.
Career opportunities for Home Health Aide include, but are not limited to, hospitals, home health care, long-term care and rehabilitation centers.
State Tested Nurse Aide is preferred, but not required. (They can complete ALH 1120, not get their STNA, and still be employed with this certificate.)
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.