Business Management GBM.S.AAS
Associate of Applied Science - 60 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2019
What is the program about?
This program emphasizes preparation for a wide variety of management-related positions. It is designed to provide a balance in technical business education along with general education courses while providing a considerable choice of electives and alternatives. Opportunities for managers include supervision, office managers, management trainees, assistant managers and owners within a variety of settings, including small and medium-size businesses, corporations, industries, non-profit organizations and governmental agencies. This degree program contains one or more embedded certificates which will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed.
- Apply proper oral and written communication, quantitative methods, critical thinking, research, ethics, computer literacy, and global citizenship skills.
- Demonstrate synthesis of general education concepts into the required management and business application.
- Apply principles of organizational behavior and human relations, including methods used to create, maintain and improve a positive and diverse work environment.
- Apply contemporary approaches to management and organizational success within the framework of the classroom and written assignments.
- Demonstrate methods of planning, leading, organizing and controlling within organizational systems and strategy development, particularly in the context of mission, values, goals and objectives.
Students completing this certificate can expect to be prepared to work as supervisors or entry-level managers in retail, manufacturing or medium and small businesses.
Formal articulation agreements with other colleges and universities indicate how Sinclair programs and courses will transfer to other institutions.
This program is available in the following format:
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
This program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a specialized accreditation recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.