Data Analytics DA.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Computer Information Systems
Effective as of Fall 2018
What is the program about?
This certificate prepares students for entry-level data analytics positions requiring knowledge, setup and usage of business intelligence and data analysis solutions. Data analytics is expanding in businesses, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations, enabling them to make better decisions utilizing appropriate data and information. Students will have the ability to structure data and prepare reports in a way that is meaningful to business, government agency and not-for-profit organization users. Course work will include database concepts, data modeling, SQL, data analysis, data mining tools, mathematical and statistical techniques, project management and systems analysis. Emphasis is placed on strong communication skills necessary to interact with key users and understand their requirements.
- Design, develop and implement data analytic solutions.
- Design, document and implement computer software solutions given definition of a problem and requirements for a solution.
- Apply database design, SQL programming and database application skills to solve business and information technology problems.
- Develop systems documentation including project plan, process models, data models, structure charts and user interface designs.
- Describe the need for an Information Systems methodology and describe the phases of the Systems Design Development Life Cycle.
Employment opportunities in IT include entry-level positions such as software developers, web developers, help desk analysts, network administrators, user support specialists, network security analysts and network engineers.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.