Tool Maker CAMTM.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Computer Aided Manufacturing
Effective as of Fall 2020
What is the program about?
This certificate in tool making provides the student with the technical and hands-on experience required by employers in both an entry and apprenticeship level. This program will provide experience in safety, advanced manual machining, drafting and design, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and conversational programming, welding and metal joining, measurement tools and techniques, and other instruction and experience needed within this trade. This program is available to anyone and works well with the apprenticeship model or those that need to work and learn at the same time.
- Demonstrate applied competencies in the areas that include the latest drafting techniques and blueprint interpretation with respect to machining, welding and design.
- Demonstrate mathematical skills required for occupation.
- Demonstrate technical engineering skills appropriate to program requirements.
- Analyze manufacturing engineering problems (general and technical) and make appropriate decisions.
- Demonstrate applied competencies in the areas of machining, welding, and CNC applications.
- Identify new changes in career field and build personal skills to maintain state-of-the-art competencies.
The Tool Maker certificate gives the student the technical skills and abilities needed by someone entering this career field either independently or as an apprentice. This program is designed to compliment a full-time apprenticeship or the student that is required to work full-time while seeking a career in the precision machining industry.
There are no certification or license requirements.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.