Advanced Precision Machining CAMAPM.S.CRT
Short-term Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Computer Aided Manufacturing
Effective as of Fall 2020
What is the program about?
This program provides any student whether working full time, raising a family, or going to college, the ability to pursue the exciting and in-demand career of precision machining. Recent events have shown that these careers are essential in nature and can offer employment when others do not. Starting from basic machining through advanced machining, close tolerance grinding, introduction into the world of CNC and Conversational programming, the production of detail parts and then their fit and assembly into a working product. This program will ready the student for a wide variety of manufacturing careers through development of the skills and traits that manufacturers are looking for. This program can be started in any semester.
- Demonstrate technical manufacturing skills appropriate to program requirements.
- Analyze manufacturing problems (general and technical) and apply technical skills to make appropriate decisions
- Demonstrate applied competencies in the areas of machining applications, drafting techniques and blueprint interpretation.
- Demonstrate mathematical skills required for occupation.
Careers are available for entry-level in a wide variety of manufacturing careers which include, but are not limited to, the precision machining and tool-and-die industries. The Work-Based Learning Internship opportunity gives students a host of opportunities beyond the classroom.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.