Skip to Content

New & Returning Students

Quick Questions

+ What is a new student?

A student who is coming to Sinclair College for the first time.

+ What is an intermittent student?

A student who has attended Sinclair College and used Military or VA Educational Benefits at Sinclair College within the last three (3) years.

+ What is a Returning Student?

A student who has not attended Sinclair College within two (2) years and need to complete a new college application.

Contact Information


MFEC Brochure

Check out our MFEC Brochure here

Paying for College

Required Form(s)
Semester Enrollment Form
Secure Documents Upload Link 

Military Educational Benefits

VA Educational Benefits

**GI Bills®

Still have questions? Check out the resources on the GI Bill® website.

Program Specific Checklists

Additional Benefit Forms

*these are required for certain situational educational benefit use

Spouse and Dependent Educational Benefits

Military Transfer Credits & Prior Learning Assessment

Transfer Credit - to have your military transcripts evaluated, please send an official copy to the office of Registration & Student Records at Sinclair. You will be notified once the transcripts have been received and again once they have been evaluated. 

Due to the nature of the course or the description provided on the transcript, it is sometimes difficult to equate academic courses. Frequently, after the completion of a formal evaluation, students can present additional information and meet with the relevant department chair/faculty to discuss the scope of learning done and request a re-evaluation. In this situation, students can contact Prior Learning to inquire about the results of their evaluation and present any additional information.

*Special note for students interested in Aviation (FAA) courses. Due to FAA regulations, these courses cannot be automatically awarded or transferred. To remain compliant, many of these courses require a departmental assessment exam to be passed prior to being able to award credit. Interested students can contact the Aviation department or their Academic Advisor to initiate this process.

How to Order Military Transcripts 

Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

Prior Learning Assessment allows students to demonstrate learning done outside of the classroom for possible college credit at Sinclair. For a complete overview of all PLA options and policies, please review the PLA website.

Military-specific considerations by type include:

  • Articulated Credit — Some students have completed training certificates during their time in the military. These certifications are not necessarily reflected in the courses and training listed on the military transcript. These certificates can be submitted to an Academic Advisor for processing and the relevant department chairs will review for possible course equivalency.
  • Proficiency Testing — Proficiency testing is available for many classes at Sinclair. These institutionally developed exams enable students to earn credit for a class by receiving the required minimum grade. Some departments, such as BIS, offer free testing on certain BIS courses to military students who were not able to receive equivalent transfer credit from their military transcript.
  • Standardized Testing — Standardized testing, such as CLEP and DSST, is run through an external organization, and students are able to earn course credit at Sinclair by sending qualifying scores on an official transcript. Many times students will have already completed a test while in service, and are able to have that transcript sent to our Office of Registration & Student Records. It may also be possible to utilize benefits and/or discounts toward the costs associated with these exams with military status. Please review each organization’s website directly to determine the eligibility
Searchable Credit Sources

Standardization of transferrable military credit is an important initiative in Ohio, and there are searchable sources that can be used to determine if equivalent credit has already been identified. 

Military Transcript Equivalency Database provides an unofficial guide to see what the most common transferred classes from your Joint Service Transcript (JST) and/or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts

Military Transfer Assurance Guides (MTAGs) provide a statewide guarantee that certain types of military training, experience, and/or coursework align to existing college and university courses and will be awarded appropriate credit. Using the information found on the military transcript, students can search existing MTAGs for possible matches at all Ohio public institutions here.

Veterans Lounge

As a thank you for your service; we would like to welcome you to utilize the Veterans Services Lounge. The lounge is intended to serve as a resource space for veterveteransservice members to use while working toward their education goals.

Requirements to use the Veterans Lounge
  • Must be a veteran or service member of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Currently enrolled in classes at Sinclair College
  • Good Academic standing

To request access to the Veterans Lounge, please complete the MFEC Veteran Lounge Use form. 


Base Pass and Registration Office
4185 Logistics Avenue
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433
(This office is outside of the gates and accessible to the public)


**GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at