Skip to Content
Sinclair College


Find info & services specific to you:


Funding Study Abroad

Studying abroad is an investment in your future. Just like any other investment, it requires planning, creativity, and perseverance. Start early!

Common types of funding for study abroad are scholarships/grants, financial aid/loans, and innovation.


Sinclair Community College Study Abroad Award

Available to Sinclair students who wish to participate in a Sinclair study abroad program. We recommend you apply for the scholarship when you apply for a program. If approved for the program you will be considered for the scholarship.

  • BEFORE applying for the scholarship students should:
    • Apply to and be accepted to a Sinclair study abroad program
    • Paid the non refundable deposit of $250
    • Be a current Sinclair Community College student
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

The Gilman Scholarship is a scholarship sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. Designed to diversify the types of students who study and intern abroad and the places and regions where they study. The scholarship offers awards to U.S. undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial reasons.

  • Students must be Pell Grant recipients to be eligible to apply.

Please visit the Benjamin Gilman web site to learn more about the program.

Financial Aid

Students may receive federal financial aid for study abroad costs if participating in a program for which Sinclair Community College awards academic credit. Federal financial aid awarded to students can often be used to help cover the cost of study abroad. The amount of aid available for study abroad programs varies.

Other Creative Funding Resources

Sinclair does not endorse any particular creative funding resource over another. This list is provided as examples of ways to raise money for your study abroad program. Work hard, be innovative and you can make it anywhere.