Digital Design VISDD.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 20 Credit Hours
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Effective as of Fall 2019
Learn to use design basics, processes and latest software applications in the field.
Have you been working in Graphic design, but want to brush up on the latest software/technology of the field? If so, then this certificate may be for you!
Students who complete this short-term certificate may obtain entry-level
positions in the field of digital/interactive design or continue in the
Visual Communications program for completion of the Associate of Applied
What is the program about?
This certificate provides an introduction to the digital design process and digital applications that are used by designers to create interactive media. Specifically, students will learn the basics of design principles and layouts for interactive media, including web development, 2D animation, video, media optimization and file management to provide support in a variety of entry-level design positions. Students will be exposed to the latest version of the Adobe products.
- Recognize, understand and use the language and jargon of design.
- Communicate design concepts at various stages of development using the design process, interactive media and/or appropriate software.
- Develop print and new media concepts using traditional and computer-based design tools.
- Develop professional quality presentations and demonstrate adequate written and oral communication skills.
Students will be able to obtain entry-level positions in the field of digital/interactive design.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.