Real Estate Sales Professional RESPROF.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 18 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Real Estate
Effective as of Fall 2020
What is the program about?
This certificate is designed for the person who is interested in a career in real estate sales. The program includes the educational requirement for persons to sit for the Ohio real estate license exam: 40 hours of Real Estate Principles and Practices, 40 hours of Real Estate Law, 20 hours of Real Estate Finance, and 20 hours of Real Estate Appraisal. Students will also learn effective communication skills and how to use office applications.
- Identify and apply the different approaches to appraising property and demonstrate knowledge of real estate financial instruments.
- Analyze, adjust, and improve own communication behaviors both written and oral.
- Demonstrate knowledge of licensing and agency laws, legal and financial terminology, and the government role in real estate.
- Exemplify a high standard of ethics as a real estate professional.
A career in real estate can be very rewarding. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says "Employment of real estate brokers and sales agents is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, about as fast as the average for all occupations" (Occupational Outlook Handbook). Additional careers include positions as title officers and examiners, property managers, and loan officers.
Ohio Real Estate Sales License exam
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.