Patient Access & Scheduling Coordinator MOR.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 14 Credit Hours
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Medical Assistant Technology
Effective as of Fall 2018
What is the program about?
The Patient Access & Scheduling Coordinator certificate prepares students for entry-level employment in the medical facility environment performing scheduling, monitoring patient appointments, out-patient procedures, medical and office equipment maintenance, storing supplies and pharmaceuticals. The program is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of medical language and documentation. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required, as well as a grade of C or higher in all certificate courses.
- Demonstrate competence in performing entry-level administrative clerical duties and the management of the front office receptionist area.
- Identify, evaluate and appropriately apply principles of the duties of a Patient Access & Scheduling Coordinator.
- Describe and apply principles of effective oral and written communication skills with patients, their families and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and attitudes consistent with the delivery of safe, ethical, legal, and compassionate patient care.
Options for those who complete the certificate include: urgent care, surgicare and ambulatory care centers, as well as health maintenance organizations (HMO's), multi-physician group practices and medical specialty clinics.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.