HVAC Light Commercial & Residential Service LCHS.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
Effective as of Fall 2017
What is the program about?
This program is intended for entry-level students or residential service technicians desiring careers as light commercial HVAC service technicians. This program is a hands-on troubleshooting and service program geared to the light commercial HVAC industry including convenience stores, restaurants, strip malls and any other type of small business concern. Students learn the basics of heating, cooling, distribution and control of these HVAC systems. The hands-on component uses the types of equipment installed in the field.
- Describe the operating characteristics of basic HVAC systems.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve typical operating and maintenance problems in HVAC systems.
- Identify the roles and functions of basic equipment as applied in HVAC systems.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional responsibilities.
Students find work as service technicians or performing installation work for commercial and residential contractors.
Students may become certified as refrigerant handlers under EPA section 608 as well as to handle refrigerant 410a.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.