Industrial Internet of Things Technician IIOT.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 33 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Electronics Engineering Technology
Effective as of Fall 2020
What is the program about?
This one-year certificate provides the knowledge and basic skills needed to work in the automation industry as an entry-level support technician for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). In addition to advanced manufacturing and logistics warehousing, a growing number of IoT devices are created for consumer use, including connected automotive vehicles, home automation devices, wearable technology, connected health, and appliances with remote monitoring capabilities. Students who complete this certificate learn IIoT fundamentals, automation computer hardware, software, data management, and networking. Theoretical aspects are supported and supplemented by hands-on lab work to gain in-depth knowledge and necessary technical skills.
- Design, develop and implement a simple database with respect to forms, queries and reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hardware, operating system software and protocols that enable modern networks. Demonstrate how communications works in control networks, data networks, wireless and the Internet.
- Edit, modify, develop, and troubleshoot basic micro-controller, PLC hardware and software programming.
- Understand intermediate network security and demonstrate how security works in control networks, data networks, wireless and the Internet.
This certificate program will provide the entry level education and training necessary to operate, program, diagnose, and repair micro-controller based IIOT devices and PLC based IIOT industrial machines. Graduates will be qualified to work for original equipment/system suppliers, consultants/third party support, as well as, equipment/system end users. All courses within certificate may be applied towards a degree in Internet of Things Cyber Technician, a high demand, high paying field.
Potential agreements with Wright State, UD and Miami U.
CIS 2640 provides preparation for CompTIA Security + exam.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.