Electrical Construction EETEC.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 20 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Electronics Engineering Technology
Effective as of Fall 2012
What is the program about?
This short-term certificate will fulfill the needs of the electrical construction industry for educating and training electricians in the Dayton and Cincinnati area. (Each course is taken twice for a total of 5 credit hours repeatable credit per year.)
- Build, repair and troubleshoot basic electrical circuits in residential and commercial buildings.
- Install single- and three-phase circuits with protective devices.
- Calculate loads for heavy electrical equipment and high voltage circuits, including solid-state control.
- Calculate circuit parameters for installation and protection.
- Install and maintain motors and control circuits.
Completion of the Electrical Construction certificate prepares the student for work as an electrician.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: View the Gainful Employment Information
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog