Call Center/Customer Service CC.S.STC
Short-term Technical Certificate - 17 - 19 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Business Information Systems
Effective as of Fall 2019
What is the program about?
This certificate is designed for those interested in working in a customer service center, help desk, call center, or medical scheduling environment. All students will learn customer service skills and telephone techniques, as well as software applications and keyboarding. Students then choose an area of focus to strengthen industry-specific knowledge in general call center, IT help desk, health care, or medical office.
- Assess business problems using analytical and critical thought processes to identify the best technology solution.
- Display good human relations skills in various settings such as one-to-one, team, and groups.
- Apply appropriate customer service skills in a variety of settings such as face-to-face, telephone, and online.
- Practice professional attitude and work ethics related to situations in business and industry.
- Use specialized terminology effectively.
Since 2008, Sinclair has actively participated in the Dayton region's Contact Center Alliance (CCA), a group of over 50 area employers with call centers ranging from 5 to 2,000 employees. This alliance forecasts double digit growth over the next three years.
BIS 1400 Customer Service will cover the skills needed for students to take the International Customer Service Association Customer Service Level II certification exam.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.