Business Transfer BUS.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Business & Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
This certificate is designed for the student who desires to complete Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) courses to transfer into a four-year business program. This certificate can be used to help students from non-business backgrounds begin preparation for entrance into a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program by packaging the prerequisite business core courses into a convenient certificate offering. Additionally, students wanting to pursue a two-year business degree or needing to augment current work skills with academic credentials may find this certificate beneficial.
- Students will develop and apply an awareness of legal considerations affecting business transactions.
- Students will be able to successfully communicate business concepts to others in both written and oral formats.
- Students will be able to analyze business spreadsheets and perform basic business-related numerical analysis.
- Students will apply marketing concepts in development of marketing plans or strategy within the course of business analysis.
Employers more often than in the past require four-year business degrees or evidence that students are in the process of earning these credentials. This certificate serves as a credentialing tool for students to use in their career search, as well as, for currently employed students to show further evidence of growth and academic progress toward a bachelor's degree in business.
The courses completed in this certificate are directly transferable into a business program at all Ohio public institutions and to many private colleges and universities, both within Ohio and outside the state.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.