Business Information Systems/Information Processing BUIP.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 37 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Business Information Systems
Effective as of Fall 2016
What is the program about?
This one-year certificate is intended to provide advanced software application training necessary to work improve efficiency and productivity. Students master the basics of customer service, keyboarding and document formatting, and records management to prepare for a variety of office and administrative positions.
- Use specialized terminology effectively.
- Identify good human relations skills in various settings such as one-to-one, teams and groups.
- Assess business problems using analytical and critical thought processes to identify the best technology solution.
- Explain the flow of information, media and documents throughout the life cycle; input, processing, output, distribution, use, storage, retrieval and disposition.
- Apply quantitative skills appropriate to business information occupations.
Employment opportunities are available in many types of businesses, including banks, insurance offices, advertising agencies, manufacturing companies, small to large businesses and educational facilities.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.