Architectural Project Technician ARCP.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 30 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Architectural Technology
Effective as of Fall 2021
What is the program about?
This program is designed to build skills required for managing architectural projects in a variety of professional settings. Students will receive training to help them understand architectural practice, including an understanding of building materials and components, the financial aspects of project management, and the management skills necessary to deal with the diverse population of the industry. Upon completing this program, students will be qualified to move into project management positions in architecture and similar businesses.
- Demonstrate skills sufficient to solve technical problems related to the field of architecture.
- Know building materials, components, mechanical systems and methods of construction for both residential and commercial buildings.
- Develop skills in the management of architectural projects with emphasis on contractual relationships, change management, quality, and teamwork.
- Communicate effectively and professionally through proper use of oral, written and graphic techniques
Graduates are employed as project managers in the architecture and construction industry. Many opportunities exist in the building materials and assemblies sales and supply area.
Courses included in the certificate may transfer to baccalaureate programs in architecture or similar disciplines.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.