Architectural Design Technician ARCD.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 31 Credit Hours
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Architectural Technology
Effective as of Fall 2021
What is the program about?
This program helps students develop residential and commercial architectural design skills. Design courses are combined with construction materials and building systems courses, providing a broad foundation for entry level architectural design work. Students will receive training to help them create and understand architectural drawings as well as proper use of building materials and components. Upon completion, students will be able to utilize various design and analysis software to assist with the development of architectural projects.
- Produce a set of working drawings for a single family home and/or a commercial building.
- Communicate effectively and professionally through proper use of oral, written and graphic techniques.
- Describe and apply the architectural design process using a variety of techniques.
- Know building materials, components, mechanical systems and methods of construction for residential and/or commercial buildings.
- Demonstrate skills sufficient to solve technical problems related to the field of architecture.
Graduates are employed as designers and drafters for architectural and design-build firms. Many opportunities also exist in the building materials and assemblies sales and supply area.
Coursework within this CRT may transfer to a baccalaureate program in architecture.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
Program Accreditation Information
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances.