Agricultural Technology AGR.S.CRT
One-year Technical Certificate - 31 Credit Hours
Division: Business and Public Services
Effective as of Fall 2019
Animal husbandry of agricultural livestock.
Crop science involving farming with different types of seeds like non-GMO, GMO, and selective bred crops.
Studying different agricultural techniques indoors and outdoors.
What is the program about?
The certificate will prepare students for employment in various areas of agriculture. Completers of this certificate will gain additional expertise in areas including agronomy, large animal science, agricultural economics, retail and customer service.
- Identify and describe key concepts in agriculture such as crop science, agricultural economics, and agricultural finance and accounting.
- Identify and describe business concepts such as entrepreneurship, management, marketing, economics, accounting, and business principles.
- Demonstrate safe animal handling techniques including the basics of animal handling and husbandry in an agricultural setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to use software applications as well as the ability to use various writing strategies.
- Demonstrate skills for effective oral communication in an agricultural environment.
Potential employment in agriculture includes agricultural technician, farm operations, farm retail, farm bureau representative or farm assistant.
- View the Master Syllabus - View the Course Schedule
This information is for planning purposes only. Sinclair College will make every effort to offer curriculum listed above but reserves the right to change, add and cancel curriculum offerings for unforeseen circumstances. View current catalog