SPA 1101 Elementary Spanish I
Foundation for understanding, speaking, reading and writing Spanish. Work outside of class and/or in the language laboratory is required.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Demonstrate understanding of the main idea, as well as a few details and idiomatic expressions, in simple, short, and highly predictable texts on very familiar topics, with or without visual support.
- Engage in very simple exchanges in culturally appropriate ways on very familiar topics using contextualized words, phrases, a few common idiomatic expressions, and simple sentences in highly practiced situations.
- Students can write basic information on very familiar topics using highly practiced words, phrases, and simple sentences.
- Demonstrate understanding of the main idea, as well as a few details, cognates, and idiomatic and formulaic expressions, in a variety of oral texts and media.
- Make very simple presentations about themselves and some other very familiar topics using a variety of highly practiced words, phrases, sentences, and expressions.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 4