RES 1301 Real Estate Finance
Exploration of the institutions, methods, instruments and procedures involved in the financing of real estate, mortgage market and effects of government monetary/ fiscal policy, the requirements for loan application, loan closing process, and defaults and foreclosures. This course is part of Sinclair’s Ohio Real Estate Sales Associate pre-licensure program. Successful completion of the courses in Sinclair’s Ohio Real Estate Sales Associate pre-licensure program meets the educational requirement for you to sit for the Ohio Real Estate Salesperson Examination only (further state requirements must also be satisfied). Sinclair’s pre-licensure program is not intended to meet requirements for license examination in any other state.
Division: Business and Public Services
Department: Real Estate
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Describe the process used to qualify and process a mortgage loan.
- Describe how the conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs work.
- Describe the role of the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department in fiscal policies.
- Explain the use and importance of notes and mortgages in real estate finance.
- Explain the role of government (HUD, FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, RSPA and FIRREA) in real estate finance.
- Explain the requirements for the closing process.
Credit Hours: 1.5
Classroom Hours: 1.5