RAT 2649 Mammography Practicum
A variable credit clinical education course that provides hands-on experience performing mammographic procedures and quality assurance testing at an affiliate hospital and/or imaging center. Seven practicum hours per week for each semester credit hour.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Radiologic Technology
Repeatable Credit: Yes
Offered Online: No
- Utilize effective interpersonal communication, professional and ethical conduct in all aspects of mammographic procedures including patient care and education.
- Identify breast anatomy and physiology and pathological conditions of the breast and surrounding tissues, and apply radiographic positioning techniques for routine and non-routine mammographic procedures.
- Apply standard technical considerations with mammographic equipment operation, patient assessment and safety.
- Analyze finished mammographic images for quality and demonstrate correcting measures for unacceptable images.
- Identify and perform quality control, quality assurance measures in compliance with federal and/or state mammography regulations/guidelines.
Credit Hours: 1 to 4
Practicum Hours: 7