OTA 1212 Functional Anatomy
Functional Anatomy of neurological and musculoskeletal systems. Analysis of nervous systems, major joint and muscle groups involved in daily living tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, cooking, and housekeeping.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: OTA 1111
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic anatomy and physiology of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Gather and share data for the purpose of screening and evaluation.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the musculoskeletal components which support areas of occupation.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the muscles involved in movements which support areas of occupation.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify basic biomechanical principles.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2