NSG 1450 Professional Nursing I: Introduction to the Role of the Professional Nurse
Introduces the scope and practice of the nursing profession. Examines the role of the nurse in the health care team including communication and collaboration. Applies basic legal, ethical, and safety principles to the practice of nursing. A minimum of 25 class hours. This is a blended course containing both face-to-face and online elements.
Division: Health Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
Prereqs: ALH 1101 AND BIO 1141 AND ENG 1101 AND NSG 1200
- Explain the impact of technological resources on safe patient care.
- Outline the principles of safe nursing practice and evidence based care.
- Differentiate the major types of healthcare organizations.
- Identify the scope, practice, and roles of the professional nurse.
- Apply basic therapeutic communication skills.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 2