MUS 1101 Introduction to Music
Fundamentals of music theory including notation of pitches, rhythms, scales, intervals, triads and chords.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Write the names and write major and minor triads and chords.
- Identify and write notes and rests on treble and bass clef staves.
- Write in the missing time signature and the placement of bar lines for a given line of music.
- Write the letter names and staved notes of major and minor scales on any given pitch.
- Write in the missing key signature of a given melody.
- Identify and write intervals within the octave.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3