MET 1351 Solid Edge Basics
A computer-aided drafting course using Solid Edge software with information for new users on how to get started with the software. Emphasis on the development of basic skills and methods to create solid models. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: MET 1101 OR MET 1231
- Develop the effective use of the Solid Edge environments for creating parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of sketch planes by using the technique for profile modeling.
- Apply geometric constraints and dimensions for profile modeling.
- Demonstrate an understanding of assembly modeling by the creation of assembly models.
- Demonstrate the ability to modify part models and drawings using Solid Edge techniques.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 6