MET 1301 SolidWorks Basics
Utilize SolidWorks mechanical design automation software to build parametric models of parts and assemblies and learn how to make drawings of those parts and assemblies. Three classroom, three lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate understanding of dimensioning techniques.
- Use and application of symbols related to tolerancing (coordinate and geometric).
- Creating part assembly and detail drawings to communicate effectively.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Apply time management skills and teaming to complete projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering standards and procedures.
- Use proper judgment and apply ethical design practices on projects.
- Create detailed drawings that serve as working drawings for manufactured products.
- Apply the design process in the development of a problem solution or product design.
Credit Hours: 4
Classroom Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3