MAS 1193 Lab for MAS 1103
This is the laboratory portion of MAS 1103 â€“ Clinical Medical Assisting II and will provide â€œhands-onâ€? aspects of the clinical topics taught in MAS 1103 to prepare students to perform intermediate-level clinical procedures in a family practice setting such as medical microbiology, minor office surgery, administering therapeutic modalities, preparing and administering medications, and eye and ear procedures.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Medical Assistant Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: BIO 1107 OR BIO 1121 OR BIO 1141 AND HIM 1101 AND MAS 1102
- Demonstrate the principles of medical microbiology.
- Demonstrate the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparing for and assisting with specific office surgical procedures, including identifying surgical instruments.
- Demonstrate the principles of electrocardiography including equipment, recording and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparation and administration of therapeutic modalities.
- Demonstrate the medical assistantâ€™s role in preparation and administration of medication.
Credit Hours: 0