LIT 2217 Images of Women in Literature
Major images of women in literature, with emphasis on contemporary literature's role in both reflecting and shaping society's views of women.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Analyze one's own role in society and evaluate the effects of contemporary literature on that role.
- Apply literary theory to various themes in women's literature.
- Examine images of women in electronic media (including blogs, online literary sites, and virtual environments).
- Identify, define, and analyze the major cultural and societal forces reflected by women's literature.
- Evaluate the role of literature in defining cultural and societal forces and re-shaping women's roles.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3