HVA 1221 Heating Systems
Introduction to the basic concepts of all heating systems found in light commercial applications for the experienced and inexperienced in HVAC. A comprehensive presentation of HVAC systems, including rooftop packaged systems, heat pumps, packaged low-pressure boiler systems, and packaged unitary heaters. Includes low-pressure hot water and steam generation, including the fundamentals of heat generation in water-based heating systems. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: HVAC-R Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEV 0015
- Explain the combustion process.
- Describe the different types of water treatment and when and where they are used.
- Describe the proper application and safe use of various fuel sources.
- Describe the proper use of fuel economizers.
- Describe the sequence of operation in basic systems.
- Identify different types of boilers.
- Explain the concept of radiant heating.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2