ENG 0101 English Composition I Booster
This course is taken in conjunction with ENG 1101, English Composition I. ENG 0101 will be designed to provide additional instruction in writing conventions, practice in critical reading, and other supports for the major assignments in ENG 1101. Note: Courses that begin with a zero are developmental in nature. Credit earned in developmental courses will not apply to the overall program hours.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Students will identify common habits that lead to success in college and utilize effective methods for approaching common types of college-level writing assignments.
- Students will learn to read, analyze, and synthesize complex texts and identify the rhetorical situation in their own and others' writing.
- Students will recognize the importance of pre-writing, peer feedback, revision, and reflection and practice these strategies to produce successive drafts of increasing quality.
- Students will demonstrate academic integrity as they work to understand methods for effectively finding, evaluating, using, and citing sources.
- Students will control sentence level language, grammar, and punctuation and use appropriate conventions for assignment structure and formatting.
Credit Hours: 1
Classroom Hours: 1