EGV 2351 LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation
This course helps prepare the student for the first of the LEED Green Associate Exams and meets the requirement of the student having involvement on a LEED- registered project, or employment in a sustainable field of work or completion of an education program that addresses green building principles in LEED, to qualify to take the LEED Green Associate Exam. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Demonstrate understanding of synergistic opportunities and the LEED application process.
- Demonstrate understanding of project site factors, community connectivity, zoning requirements, and development.
- Demonstrate understanding of project systems and energy impacts, environmental concerns, and green power.
- Demonstrate understanding of project surroundings and public outreach and codes.
- Demonstrate understanding of types and quality of water and water management.
- Demonstrate understanding of acquisition, installation, and management of project materials, recycled materials, locally (regionally) harvested and manufactured materials, innovative and regional design.
Credit Hours: 2
Classroom Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2