EGV 1620 GIS Mapping
Examination of geographic information systems (GIS) as they relate to water and wastewater treatment, collection, and distribution systems. Students are exposed to theoretical and practical application of GIS devices and mapping software. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Engineering Technology Design
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DEV 0035
- Apply contemporary GIS practices as they relate to water treatment and distribution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history and development of GIS data collection and mapping systems.
- Transfer GPS data to mapping software to the display captured points.
- Collect data points using GPS.
- Use geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning units (GPS) terminology.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2