EET 1166 Industrial Machine Wiring
Elementary industrial machine wiring principles; schematics, panel layouts, assembly, wiring techniques and equipment used in automated industry; standards for safe operation of equipment and protection of personnel with emphasis given to hands-on work and actual wiring of panels. Two classroom, two lab hours per week. Note: EGR 1106 may be taken concurrently with department approval.
Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Department: Electronics Engineering Technology
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: EET 1120 AND EGR 1106
- Wire the electrical circuit of an industrial machine according to standard practices.
- Assemble the electrical enclosures according to standard practices using a layout diagram.
- Operate the industrial machine properly and explain the purpose of all the components of the machine and safety features incorporated in the design of the machine.
- Prepare a wiring diagram for wiring an industrial machine to code.
- Diagram the electrical enclosure layouts of an elementary industrial machine so that the electrical enclosure assemblies can be constructed to standard practices.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2