EDU 2102 Understanding the Brain & Trauma
This course explore brain development and the impact of trauma on individual development. Students will learn about social emotional development and apply trauma sensitive approaches that align with brain development.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
- Examine and assess a variety of social emotional curricula and approaches.
- Articulate how the brain develops from birth through adulthood and the impact of trauma on individual development.
- Identify and describe different attachment styles and the impact the styles have on social emotional development.
- Manage and employ age appropriate self-regulation strategies for children birth through fifth grade.
- Articulate and apply trauma sensitive approaches that align with brain development and meet the individual needs of learners.
- Assess emotional intelligence of children and create social emotional goals for children birth to fifth grade.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3