ECE 1100 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
Professional issues in the field of Early Childhood Education. Review of related historical and current trends. Types of programs of early education and care. Center observation required.
Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: Yes
- Describe characteristics of quality programs of early education and care for young children.
- Describe the influence of historical pioneers and events in the field of early childhood education.
- Describe professionalism in the field of early childhood education.
- Demonstrate professional growth by utilizing information literacy skills to locate and use appropriate literature, organizations and resources related to early childhood education.
- Identify current trends, and issues related to diverse families and communities and describe impact on the field of early childhood education.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3