DIT 2735 Foodservice Organization & Management
Describe functions of management and identify a variety of tools used to assist with organizational performance. Application of marketing concepts, financial reports/budget, quality improvement and current trends/regulations.
Division: Health Sciences
Department: Dietetics and Nutrition
Repeatable Credit: No
Offered Online: No
Prereqs: DIT 2510 AND DIT 2515 AND DIT 2520
- Apply marketing concepts to foodservice management.
- Describe the current trends and regulations of various foodservice systems (schools, corrections, etc).
- Identify a variety of management tools that assist with organizational performance.
- Describe classic functions of management and their use by an effective supervisor.
- Participate in performance improvement, utilize policies and procedures for outcomes development while applying appropriate safety/sanitation principles.
Credit Hours: 3
Classroom Hours: 3